It’s that time of the year where we start to pretend that it’s cooling down (even though it’s not) and holiday decorations start going up. Halloween seems to be the big kick off leading into Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Eve, Hubby’s birthday, Valentine’s Day, My birthday… the list goes on!
What are “Fine Motor Skills” and why are they important? Fine motor skills are the coordination of small muscles in the fingers, hands, and forearms. Children need to develop strong fine motor muscles in order to complete important tasks such as holding scissors to cut, gripping a pencil to write,
I’ve been crafting for years in my speech therapy sessions. I am a huge believer in creating natural opportunities for speech and language development and crafting is a perfect activity for just that! What’s even better is that my daughter is finally at the age where she really loves to
Well hello there! Welcome to my little corner of the internet that has been a long time dream of mine! I have always wanted to have an outlet to talk about creative ways to help kids develop their speech and language skills AND make printable resources for parents and speech
It’s officially Halloween time in our house and my little helper is loving all of the speech and language activities that I have been bringing home! After years of preparing and creating fun activities for the kids on my caseload, I am really loving the chance to do them with
I’ve started to see “story stones” pop up on Pinterest and have been very intrigued by them! The curse blessing of being a pediatric speech language pathologist is that my brain is constantly thinking … “Could I use this in speech therapy?!” I finally decided to search around Etsy and found
- 14 Easy Activities to Promote Early Language
- 5 Fun Speech & Language Activities Using “Spider Rings”
- Talking Bat Hat Language Craft!
- How to Use Story Stones in Speech Therapy
- 10 Fine Motor Skills Activities to do in Speech Therapy
- Easy (and FREE) Halloween Gifts… Even A Toddler Can Do It!
- How To Increase Language Development Using Fake Snow
- How To Work On Speech and Language Skills At The Zoo!
- How to Target Language Development with an Easy Fun Christmas Craft
- Thanks for comin’ around….